Digital Asset Management Month – #DAMmonth – is coming to an end. Thank you for celebrating with us all month long!
Now that you’ve learned how to get organized and speed up your workflow, what are you going to do next? What’s your DAM resolution?
To get inspired for the next step, we asked our #DAMmonth community, what’s your resolution for improving the way you manage and share visual content? Your responses – like this one below – blew us away!
Libris has taught me that digital assets are only useful when they can be easily found by a wide variety of users. I resolve to tag our assets more consistently and guide our users until they’re truly comfortable using the system.
We’re excited to know that while March is ending, you’ll be trying out #DAMmonth tips and best practices all year long.
What’s your DAM resolution?
Your resolutions ranged from using more dynamic images in marketing to making it easier for team members to use visual content and collaborate.
Some of you want to improve on the visual content you’re producing:
- “Learn what the customer wants, then visually provide the solution they asked for.”
- “Record more videos of office activity and capture more photos of day to day projects.”
- “Taking a class so that I can improve my graphic design skills.”
Some of you want to make sure all of your visual content lives in one well-organized location, so everyone can access the right photos and videos when they need them:
- “A centralized location for shareable visual content across departments and/or a single point of contact to manage visual content library and represent as a go-to resource.”
- “I want to make all my photos connected and easy to find for distribution.”
- “My resolution for improving the way my company manages and shares visual content is to introduce the concept of using a cloud based system to enable colleagues worldwide 24/7, easy access to our content library.”
Some of you want to build on the #DAMmonth momentum by taking steps to make your images easily searchable:
- “I need to go through all my libraries, reorganize them and identify hero footage and them add metadata and captions”
- “I would like to have images tagged by content theme beyond just the slug of the article. I’d also like to digitize many of our archival, print-only images.”
- “It’s all about the metadata. My resolution is to add metadata when I upload content and not wait until someday when I have time. That time never comes and our assets aren’t as easily managed without thorough tags.”
And some of you want to streamline your workflow across the visual content lifecycle:
- “Add more resources to our creative department.”
- “Define our processes better and introduce the role of photo editor as part of someone’s duties”
- “Processing photos and video as soon as possible after shoots so the work doesn’t pile up.”
These are some fantastic resolutions. Remember, if you take any of these steps, you’re on the right track to getting organized! Building a streamlined visual storytelling workflow can be overwhelming, but every small step you take will pay off next time your team is looking for visual content to share!
We couldn’t say it better than this #DAMmonth enthusiast:
Visual content is the most powerful weapon to tell a story.
Thanks again for celebrating #DAMmonth with us! Get a refresher any time on the #DAMmonth hub, and be sure to subscribe to Libris Visual Storytelling Insights for fresh tips and inspiration all year long!