You know the importance of visual content marketing. You know photos, videos and GIFs grab your audience’s attention better than text. And you know you need to produce more content than ever before – at lightning speed – to keep up with the demand from your audience.
But do you know what mistakes you’re making with your visual content? Do you know the risks you’re taking every day, and the opportunities you’re missing?
Watch our new on-demand webinar, How to Prepare for the Visual Content Apocalypse, to learn about the monsters challenging marketers and creatives, and how you can defeat them.
In this webinar, you’ll get:
- Staggering statistics about the rise of visual content
- An understanding of the zombies killing your productivity, stopping you from making deadlines, and slowing you down every step of the way
- Examples of brands who are defeating the monsters and seizing opportunities to engage their audiences
- Tips for improving your visual content marketing workflow and avoiding the visual content apocalypse
To get a preview of what you’ll learn, here are five mistakes you don’t know you’re making with your visual content marketing.
1. You’re wasting money sourcing the wrong visual content.
Marketers are investing heavily in producing and purchasing photos, videos, infographics and more. But many of them are wasting their budgets by sourcing off-brand content or recreating assets they already have, but can’t find. Does the content you’re producing fit the message you want to share?
2. You’re risking losing your assets with sub-par storage solutions.
If you don’t have a centralized place to store all of your creative assets, you are risking losing your valuable investment. Accidents happen. Employees leave, and take hard drives, personal Dropbox accounts, and institutional knowledge about where things are stored with them.
3. You’re wasting time and missing opportunities to engage your crowd.
You need to be able to find the perfect visual asset when a reporter calls or your brand starts trending. You know the feeling – an opportunity comes up, and you know you have the perfect photo to share, but you have no idea where it is. Your visual assets need to be easily searchable so you can take advantage of every opportunity to engage your audience – both in breaking news situations and on a regular basis.
4. You’re using inefficient ways to move content, and crushing your morale in the process.
Creative people dread having to move big files from one place to another. No one wants to deal with the “solution dance” – trying to figure out how to deliver a high resolution video or an InDesign package on a tight deadline. You need one easy standardized process for sharing content so you can cut back on frustration and wasted time.
5. You’re putting your brand in danger by not keeping track of usage rights.
Time and time again, brands get in trouble for using content they don’t have proper permission to use. This is the biggest, costliest mistake of them all. You need to know who holds the copyright to the content you’re using, and you need to make sure you’re using it correctly.
Watch the webinar and get the slides to learn how to avoid these visual content marketing mistakes!
Header image by Patrick Gunning.