University athletic departments handle massive visual media collections. Throughout the school year, photographers capture the winning touchdown, the swish, the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth. But what happens next? How are these moments in time stored, organized and shared?
A new report on the state of digital asset management in university athletic departments from College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) and Libris reveals the trends and challenges with visual media for university athletic departments.
Sports Information Directors answer questions such as:
- What’s the size of your visual media library?
- How does your organization use imagery in communications?
- How do you store, organize and share photos and videos?
- What are your challenges with visual media?
- Are you generating revenue from your visual assets?
Cover photo courtesy of Virginia Tech Athletics.