A new report from Libris and the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA) uncovers how university athletic departments source, manage and share photos and videos to engage fans. A survey of 711 athletic directors revealed that university athletic departments prioritize visual communication but struggle to organize visual assets and share them across teams.
The report, Visual Asset Management in University Athletic Departments in 2016, includes:
- Statistics on athletic department budgets allocated toward visual assets
- Common challenges with visual asset management
- Tips for improving organization and access
- Trends for engaging fans post-game and in real time with photos and videos
- Case studies on university athletic departments streamlining how they source, manage and share visual assets
The survey also uncovered an interesting trend in university image sales: 81% of respondents said they need a better approach for selling photos. The report includes tips for NCAA-compliant photo sales and a case study highlighting a successful photo store.
Download the report today!
Cover photo courtesy of University of Miami.